Well I said I would get out to get pictures of the insulation that I put up in the Green House. Well that is about all I got out for. Must have the flu or just the crud or something . Anyway I did get the pictures and here they are.
Well sorry I guess I have reached the limit of Photos for this blogs free site so have to go back and decide what to remove or up grade.
Ok I have set up a new blog on the Word Press sitehere is a link to it it will pick up where this one left off.
I got my shelf and my potting bench in the Greenhouse. Started some rosemary cuttings, and a few peppers, basil and lettuce . I also divided a Peace lily (Spathiphyllum ‘Mauna Loa’) that was in my mom’s room . It had out grown the pot so I made 5 pots out of it. Yes it was very over grown for the pot.
Some of the succulents brought in earlier.
Here are the cuttings and seedlings. I have also started some peat pot soaking for the seeds I have on the way.
Tops on the pickle barrels to keep out any bugs.
Here is the Prayer plant that was divided looks like it got a little cold last night.
I decided to bring them in for awhile , haven’t got heat in the green house yet.
Put the peppers up high for the heat and sun.
The bloom is fake we put that i for my mom before the plant bloomed on its own.
Posted in Gardening, Gardening Experimental, green house, Uncategorized
Tagged Aquaculture, Aquaponics, environment, flood tank, food, Gardening, gold fish, greenhouse, Horse stall mats, IBC, new wave, Peppers, vertical gardening
OK I know I said I would be putting Bluegill in the system….and I still am . I just have had a lot going on the last few weeks and I haven’t had a chance get them yet. I do have a couple suppliers in mind here close by . I hope to get up with them before the end of the month.
Today I decided to move the goldfish from the small pond to the new tank. They have been hiding in the bottom behind the filter for a while now. I also wanted to use the pump from the pond to aerate the tank, with a spray bar. So that necessitated the moving of the fish. They seem to be happy and I hope they will eat some of the algae that has formed. The water is staying about 50 degrees or so, which perked them right up.
The spray bar
Here is a shot of the fish …tought to see . They are the orange blob in the back, still hanging close to the botom.
The tomato and other potter plants are doing well. The temp does drop down at night to the upper 30’s ( on really cold nights) but stays above 50 most of the time, and gets to the mid 80’s during sunny days.
My Kalonchoe is getting ready to bloom. This a cutting off one I gave my wife that got leggy and looking bad. Interested to see how it does.
The tomatoes that I planted in the grow beds are still hanging in there. I also planted a couple of onion ends and a carrot top to see what happens. The last onions I did this with really did great.
I pulled the celery that I trans planted from the other system to here. It was looking terible. I found that it had 5 new stalks growning from it. So I cut them off and cleaned the dead and dieing branchs from theem. Then replanted them in with the tomatoes.
My Strawberry is having some issues. I may have to do something about it. The leaves are yellowing ,have to see what the addition of the fish does.
Now here are a few pictures of the old system under ice. Took this a couple mornings ago, it was a bit chilly. I really think the goldfish will be happier in the green house tank.
That was a cold morning, and they are in the shade in the winter time most of the day. I am planning on taking this down and setting up a single growbed at the end of the pond. For the Growing season. Then bring the goldfish back in here till next winter.
Posted in Back yard Pond, Gardening, Gardening Experimental, green house, Plants
Tagged Aquaculture, Aquaponics, fish, Gardening, gold fish, Gravel, greenhouse, hydroponics, IBC, new wave, Peppers, plants, recycle, reuse, vertical gardening, water