I have worked out most of the bugs I believe , and I am about ready to get the fish. I am planning on building a water heater using compost as the heat source, so that I can raise Talapia . But for now I am going to start with blue gill. I had a to do some work getting the timing down on the two pumps. Ended up getting a different timer to run the pump for the grow beds. Now the system is running well. I did water checks the other day and all thee readings were in the proper ranges. I will go out and catch the blue gill so if there is a problem it wont be with a tank of fish that cost me very much.
As you can see my celery has not bounced back from the transplant yet. This is the celery I planted the end of from store bought . It has done well since early in the summer we I put it in the other system. We have eaten off it for quite awhile. Hopefully , now that the timing is worked out it will come back.
One of the changes I made was to run the return line from the grow beds to the drum that has the pump in it. The two are tied together (see front bottom ) but it pumps out faster than they equalize. So this way the one with the pump fills faster.
I have also move all the tomatoes into the one bed.Here you can see that the peppers are still bearing new fruit, this is the middle of December here in NC and we have had several frosts . I still don’t have any heat in the GH but it stays above 50 F.
So now I need to find some time to go fishing and catch some gills. hopefully soon.
From my family to all of yours Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!