That would be me………..
Just an old broken Paratrooper who is learning Aquaponics as I go............
Got started today around 0800 when my friend Eric arrived. With the exception of installing a few pieces backwards and not installing the extra bolts when the instructions said to and having to back track and correct those, it went really well. Could not have done it without the help of my Bud Eric though.
As you can see in the photos above we got everything done minus putting the door and windows in , and then installing the clear panels. The shot of the tarps show that we whittled down the number of parts. Tomorrow I hope to get the rest of it done.
Well this is taking longer than I thought it would. The weather is partly to blame. I was all set to start yesterday , had my help all lined up and everything. Then when I woke to sound of the emergency broad cast siren on my phone, I new it was not going to be good.We were under a tornado and flash flood warnings for most of the day. I live here in North Carolina and we ,along with most of the East Coast, had some strong thunder storms blow through. I did get out and unpack the frame components. I laid out a big tarp and spread the parts out in numerical order. That way it would be easy to find the pieces as the plans called for them. This was about 0730 and it was starting to get dark and the wind began to pick up . So I folded half the tarp over the parts and went back inside. Sent a text to my helper and told him that I was making a weather call . He told me that he could help me again on Thursday. Well all it did was a few sprinkles then it cleared up , so I went back out and got a start. I got the base frame assembled. Then the rain did come , didn’t last to long but really poured for a bit. So I decided to try again today. I had to go get some self drilling screws to attach the base to the foundation that I had built. This morning it was misty and cool , well that really did a number on my back and neck. So decided to wait to see if I felt any better after using my traction machines for a bit. I finally got back out there after lunch.
Lastly I put the front and side top rails together. That is all I could do by my self .
Just another reason I support a change….re-enforces why I will vote Obama out!!!!
And lest we forget the Walton Foundation(ie Wal-Mart ,Sams)..Enemy Number One to Sportsmen and commercial fishermen….
Today I got to work plumbing the two blue 55 gal barrels that I will be using for the sump.These are tied together to fill together. I have decide to us a sump so that the water in the fish tank stays the same level. I will put a pump in the sump, it will pump into the fish tank . The water will flow through a overflow into 2 black 55 gal barrels that are tied together so they fill together. A overflow on the black drums will flow to the grow beds , which will drain through bell siphons back to the sump. I will also have a raft system set up to have water pumped through a “T” to the raft tank which will overflow back to the sump.
Right now I have the IBC for the fish tank and Raft tank, and the two blue barrels for the sump. I will be using two black pickle barrels for the two barrels before the grow beds. The grow beds will be two more blue barrels cut in half and filled with gravel.
Still have to get the barrels for the grow beds and the pickle barrels. I will also be adding pickle barrels to collect rain off the green house.